Torrent Pumps Specs:
- Designed specifically for freeride and freestyle and have excelled at racing in Superjet/Waveblasters classes.
- Superior vane construction, thickness, angles, length, machining, tolerances, along with solid one piece stainless steel construction.
- Impeller to vane clearance is identical from pump to pump with Torrent one piece construction, enabling riders precise pump tuning.
- 100% made in USA from design, casting, and machining.
- One piece investment cast to exacting tolerances on each and every pump.
- 32 quality checks on each pump using ISO 9001:2008 specifications.
- Torrents slim design with no mid and front flange nor long bolts holding the pump together results in lighter weight.
- Lightweight Delrin tail cones.
- Torrent Pumps are the only true Surf/ Flat Water and Freeride/Freestlye pump available today.
- Torrents are engineered using 3D modeling for the entire drive line to assure exact fitment.
- Finite Element Analysis FEA and Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD are used in Torrent pump and tail cone design.
- This pump was made for salt water as well as fresh water use. No dissimilar metals degradation (galvanic corrosion) from saltwater allows thinner stronger wall construction with all stainless steel one piece construction.
148 Torrent Tech:
- 148mm Yamaha based Superjet/Waveblaster style. Direct bolt in replacement for the 144mm pump.
- 148mm – 12 Vane – 75mm large hub pump increases throughput of water and increases bottom end hit right through top end pull for maximum amplitude.
- 10-25% more bottom end hit and our specific carrying capacity to launch the rider from the larger diameter higher efficiency pump while bolting up to the same type components that came with your craft.
- Distinct performance advantages over other two piece stainless steel pumps. 20-25% weight reduction, 12 vane specifically made for performance in Freeride/Freestyle offering greater performance. True hub design for 75mm large hub props.
- Available in Set-back for surf as well as flat water hook up. Set Back will require a Torrent set back shaft. Also available in Non Set-back configurations. Non Set-back requires regular Superjet style driveshaft.
155 Torrent Tech:
- 155mm Yamaha based housing for most aftermarket hulls.
- 155mm – 14 Vane – 75mm large hub pump increases throughput of water and increases bottom end hit right through top end pull for maximum amplitude.
- 14 vane specifically made for performance in Freeride/Freestyle offering greater performance. Increased vane angles for true acceleration and increased amplitude. True hub design for 75mm large hub props.
- Available in Set-back for flat water as well as surf hook up. Set-back will require a Torrent 155 set-back shaft.
- Lighter weight than other lightweight two piece aluminum housing with stainless vanes. Torrents no mid and front flange construction. No heavy long bolts holding the pump together. Lightweight Delrin tail cones. No dissimilar metals degradation from saltwater allows thinner stronger wall construction with all stainless steel construction.
Torrent Drive Shafts:
- Billet one piece Heavy Duty drive shafts are made from a marine custom alloy used in offshore applications.
- Tighter tolerances for longer life.
- Made in the USA from high quality alloys allowing exact specifications.
- 15 quality checks on each drive shaft
- Shaft run out (bend) much tighter than OEM specifications which stop cavitation (boiling water) in front of the impeller, promote longer bearing life and superior performance. Precise machining takes longer but creates less heat and deflection than commodity shafts.
- Shafts made to the correct length for full spline engagement.
- Maximum diameter shaft entire length for endurance and performance.
- Concentricity from spline end to bearing surfaces, second to none in the industry from our specialty manufacturing.
- Thread fits for easier impeller changes. We take the extra time to do them the right way.
- Specialty alloy finish for strength, durability, and machining surface finish for additional surface tension allowing all horsepower to reach the impeller. Tensile and yield strength the highest available in any shaft today.
- Spline cuts to exacting tolerance. Machined on a 4 axis lathe with specialty tooling.
- Torrent HD shafts are used by all pump brand riders to allow performance and longevity gains fits most other brand pumps.
Torrent Bearing Kits:
- Engineered to fit our pumps utilizing only OEM components
- Hand checked to .0001″/.0025mm each batch to confirm precise fitment
Torrent Impeller Tool:
- Hardened steel impeller tool
- Billet machined stock
- Extended length for set back housings
- Extra thick construction and greater the strength of other tools available
Torrent Impeller Gauge:
- One piece construction
- 5-30 degree impeller readability
- up to 164 mm impeller fitment
Torrent Pump Seals:
- Specifically designed for OEM as well as Torrent use
- Internal wire ring to stay put
- low durometer doubled sealed flanges